IAMTrusted Moving Company
IAMTrusted Moving Company – A Unique Differentiation
The ITMC status is an innovative designation constructed to enhance the integrity of our members.
A key strength of IAM is inclusion as our membership consists of participants of all sizes and ranges of experience. This diverse community fosters the development and sharing of resources that contributes to continuous professional improvement.
IAM member companies who wish to differentiate themselves and display their commitment to an enhanced standard of professional conduct as contained in the ITMC Agreement, will now have the option to apply for ITMC status.
Key Benefits of Working with an IAMTrusted Moving Company
- Trust – All qualifications including those related to ITMC Agreement are documented and validated through the IAMX Validation system.
- Minimize Financial Risk – The IIRS procedures incentivize prompt settlement of financial transactions and provide a strict timeline to resolve financial disputes. IAM is also able to assist member companies sooner when you report early through the IIRS.
- Assurance of Professional Conduct – An ITMC agrees to the written rules of professional conduct outlined in the ITMC Agreement and agrees to be bound by the IIRS procedures in the event that an ethics issue is raised against them. In addition, through the commitment to industry standards contained in IAM Learning training programs, staff of an ITMC will adhere to industry standards supported by the IAM.
- Dynamic Display of ITMC Status – Unlike quality assurance programs that rely on infrequent, periodic snapshots of a company’s status, the ITMC program displays a dynamically updated designation logo based on objective metrics related to the adherence to the ITMC Agreement.
- Objective Status Ranking – The ITMC designation is not based on subjective user reviews which may be open to manipulation. The ITMC logo depicts the current status of that company’s adherence to the ITMC Agreement in real time.
Current List of Approved ITMC Early Adopters
IAM Mobility Exchange – the online connection for the International Association of Movers, the Universal Service Provider Directory for the moving industry and the only trusted source for IAMTrusted Moving Company status. Click the graphic below to see our current list of IAMTrusted Moving Companies. Are you Trusted?
Click here to view the list of requirements and fees associated with the ITMC Program: Requirements & Fees
IAMTrusted Moving Company – Professionalism Assured
Our business relies on our ability to collaborate with service partners operating to professionally expected standards. This system, built on experience and trust, works remarkably well. Most transactions flow seamlessly without formal written contracts but the few exceptions create tremendous friction, inefficiency and financial risk for the industry.
Assuring Adherence to a Professional Code of Conduct
The IAMTrusted Moving Company (“ITMC“) designation recognizes IAM member companies that have made significant investments in their business to promote a culture of competence, knowledge, and conscientiousness within their staff and wish to display a tangible commitment of their trustworthiness to their industry colleagues. These companies also wish to reduce inefficiency and risk by choosing to collaborate with their peers who have also made this same commitment by earning their ITMC credentials.
IAMTrusted Moving Company Agreement
The ITMC Agreement lists the requirements that IAM member companies must adhere to as a condition of earning and maintaining their ITMC designation. ITMC Agreement is built upon the foundation of the Code of Ethics of the International Association of Movers which all IAM Members are bound by.
The ITMC Agreement stresses truth and fairness in advertising, sales and customer service practices that build and maintain customer trust and confidence in the professional moving industry. The ITMC Agreement relies on the IAMX-Validation system to document, review and validate IAMTrusted Moving Company requirements.
The ITMC Agreement requires each ITMC to agree to be bound by the processes of the IAM Issue Resolution System (IIRS).
Click here to view the complete IAMTrusted Moving Company Agreement document.
IAM Issue Resolution System (IIRS)
While most transactions between IAM member companies are concluded successfully, occasional issues may arise. These issues can be classified into 4 major categories:
- Financial – Issues related to financial disputes or non-payment of transactions charges.
- Operational – Issues related to operational issues related to a transaction
- Ethics – Ethics or professional code of conduct violations
- IAM Trademark Infringement – misuse of the IAM name, logos or trademarks.
Any IAM member company will be able to report an issue through the IIRS automated system at IAM Mobility Exchange. While all IAM members are bound by the IAM Code of Ethics, an ITMC voluntarily agrees to abide by the IIRS Guidelines which stipulate a strict timeline for issue acknowledgement and resolution. In addition, if that issue resolution cannot be achieved between the involved parties within the resolution period, an ITMC agrees to abide by any judgment resulting from an Issue referred by IAM Staff to its established resolution processes in the RPP Operating Rules and Regulations and IAM Procedures for Dispute Resolution and Ethics Enforcement.
An ITMC displays their IAMTrusted Moving Company logo denoting their status in good standing as part of their IAMX company profile. Any failure to abide by the IIRS timeline milestones and processes will result in the removal of the ITMC status. The ITMC logo will be removed from that company’s IAMX profile until that company’s ITMC status has been reinstated.
Additional penalties may apply depending on the frequency and severity of IIRS procedure violations. The complete rules and procedures of the IIRS are outlined in the IIRS Guidelines.
View the Training Course for IIRS Procedures at IAM Learning: IIRS Procedures Course
Requirements & Program Costs
- Applicant must be an IAM Member in good standing with at least 4 years in business
- ITMC application requires IAMX Validation
- For IAM Premier & Core Members – IAMX Validation is included in membership
- For IAM Value Members- IAMX Validation Annual fee is US$250
- ITMC Standard Annual Fee – US$500
- Branches of ITMC in same country as parent – Included in branch membership
- Branches of ITMC in different country than parent – ITMC branch fee is US$250
- IAMTrusted Moving Specialist (ITMS) on staff – ITMS Training Program is US$525 per enrollment
- Each ITMC branches must have their own ITMS on staff at each location
- Company Principal must complete the IAMTrusted Moving Company Course
- Enrollment is free
- Company Principal must complete the digital IAMTrusted Affirmation Form
- Access via IAMX Company Profile
IAM Code of Ethics
IAMTrusted Moving Company Agreement
IAM Issue Resolution System Guidelines
View the IIRS Procedures Training Course at IAM Learning: IIRS Procedures Course
IAMTrusted Moving Company Affirmation
The digital IAMTrusted Moving Company Affirmation Form is now available at IAMX. To complete and submit the form, you must a principal of your company that is authorized to affirm the ITMC commitments on behalf of your company. Here are the steps:
- Sign in to IAM Mobility Exchange (IAMX). You must be an authorized Admin of the company. How to Sign In to IAMX.
- Click on the Validation Checklist. The ITMS qualifications appear at the bottom of the checklist.
- Be sure that you have met the following:
- IAMX Validation (You will not able to access the Checklist unless your company is Validated)
- 4 years in Service
- At least one IAMTrusted Moving Specialist (ITMS) on staff
- Have completed the IAMTrusted Moving Company (ITMC) Course
Once you have met all four of those requirements, the green tick marks will show approval of these requirements (Green Arrow), you are ready to submit your ITMC Affirmation Form (Click Red Arrow).
The IAMTrusted Moving Company Training Course
The IAMTrusted Moving Company Training Course is available at IAM Learning.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the IAMTrusted Moving Company be launched?
The IAM is inviting early adopters willing to help us test and fine tune the program before the official launch of the program which is currently scheduled for April 10, 2023. Early adopters that complete their application and are accepted into the program prior to December 31, 2022 will have their annual ITMC fee waived for the 2023 year.
What are the fees associated with the ITMC program?
You can see the list of requirements and fees here: Requirements & Fees
What are the requirements to apply for the ITMC designation?
The requirements can be found in here: Requirements & Fees
What about my branch offices?
Branch offices of an IAMTrusted Moving Company which are located in the same country as their parent company are eligible to receive the IAMTrusted Moving Company designation at no additional fee. The branch offices must be IAMX-Validated members and must be listed in the IMTC Branch Member Form. They must adhere to requirements 2 thru 9 of the IAMTrusted Moving Company Agreement.
Branch offices of an IAMTrusted Moving Company located outside of the country of their parent must apply separately meeting all of the requirements of the IAMTrusted Moving Company Agreement. The annual fee for branch members located outside of the country of their parent is US$250.
Each branch must have an IAMTrusted Moving Specialist on staff.
What happens if my company accidentally fails to meet a requirement of the ITMC program?
Any failure to meet any of the requirements of the ITMC Agreement will result in the immediate loss of ITMC status and removal of the ITMC logo from that company’s profile in IAM Mobility Exchange.
Can I apply to reinstate my ITMC designation after losing it?
An ITMC that loses their ITMC status may apply to be reinstated by:
- Correcting the issue that caused the loss of ITMC status.
- Submitting a written plan to prevent recurrence of the issue.
- Waiting a 30-day period from the date of application for reinstatement.
An ITMC that has 3 or more failures to abide by the ITMC Agreement in a 12-month period will have their ITMC status suspended for 1 year. The ITMC may apply for reinstatement by:
- Correcting any outstanding issues that caused the loss of ITMC status.
- Submitting a written plan to prevent recurrences of the issues.
- Waiting a 365-day period from the date of application for reinstatement